Indian Samosa Recipe
- 2 cups of maida
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water plus a few tablespoons extra
- Samosa filling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tap coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- A pinch of methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste (freshly ground ginger)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (freshly ground garlic)
- 1 tspchopped green chillies (or jalapeno)
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp raw mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 large boiled potatoes, peeled and mashed
- 6 to 7 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Indian samosa is the must-have food if you are looking for a yummy snack. This dish has various forms in different parts of the country but the base style of preparation remains the same.
- In order to create the dough, ensure that they are mixed with flour and oil. Make sure that the flour is rubbed with oil until it appears like bread crumbs.
- Add another half cup of water and make it into strong dough. There might be a need to add a few more tbsps of water but add as you go one at a time.
- The consistency of the dough should be firm and smooth and not hard. Make sure to cover the cloth with a wet cloth and ensure that the filling for the samosa is made.
- Ensure that the oil is heated in a pan. Mix all the spices, crush them and fry on a pan.
- Fry so that the spices must not be aromatic and not burn them as it would lose its essence. Add ginger, green chilies, garlic and make sure that the stir fry for one or two minutes.
- Put salt, mashed potatoes, and the pending spices. Put in the curry leaves at the end and ensure that they are mixed properly.
Use potato smasher for better results.
Do not overfry or overcook.