- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup peeled shrimps
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup onions
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 and ½ cup mariana
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Long grained rice
Shrimps are a very simple dish that can be mixed with any recipe to create a very delicious menu. This recipe presents a transformation of Mariana sauce into an Indian style simmer sauce mixed with shrimp along with garam masala, scallions, and fresh ginger.
- Heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Place shrimp on the skillet; then season the shrimp with pepper and salt as per your taste; if you wish, you can sprinkle some garam masala. Cook the shrimp evenly on both sides until it turns opaque. Transfer to a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium-high. Take 1-2 tablespoon oil. Now swirl the oil evenly on all sides. Add ginger and onion. Stir occasionally until the onions turn tender and golden brown.
- Season the dish with some salt and pepper. Add the marinara sauce. Let the dish simmer till it gets thickened slightly. It ideally takes around 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add in the cream and mix the dish to indulge all the accumulated juices. Season the dish with some salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve the dish over couscous and top it with scallions (optional).
You can serve this dish for a quick yet satisfying dinner for a great evening with your family.
Only use fresh products for greater taste.
Do not overcook the ingredients.