Low Carb Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 48 grams of almond flour
- 30 gram finely ground golden flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 70 gram of unsalted and grass-fed butter or 4 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut cream
- ½ cup of xylitol or some other granulated sugar you use
- 40 grams of cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- One layer cake should be 8 inches in size. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a cake baking pan and grease it with butter and dust with cocoa powder. Keep it aside.
- Take a mixing bowl; add almond flour, baking powder, and flaxseed. Whisk it till it combines thoroughly and set it aside.
- Add butter, cocoa powder, sweetener, espresso or coffee powder, and salt to the large mixing bowl. Melt it by placing it on a water bath by whisking the mix constantly. You need to mix till the entire sweetener has melted down. Make sure that mixture is well incorporated. Take it out from the heat and allow the batter to cool down.
- Add 1 egg at a time to the batter and whisk it well after adding each egg till it incorporates properly. It needs to have a smooth texture. Add flour mix whisking heavily till it has blended fully. Now, pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 19 minutes or till it the batter doesn’t stick to the toothpick. Check the cake after 15 minutes making sure that it hasn’t dried out. Slice it and serve on a plate.
NOTES – If you measure cocoa with tablespoons instead of grams, be careful as to how you scoop it because you might end up using more cocoa than you actually needed.