- 55 g softened butter
- 200 g almond meal or almond flour
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or 100 g unsweetened chocolate chips.
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice.
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g shredded coconut (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Preheat your oven. Preheat oven to 180c or 355F.
- Soften your butter. Melt your butter by keeping it for 30 sec. Avoid overheating. Natural softening of butter is important.
- Mix until smooth. Take a bowl. Mix the melted butter, sweetener, cocoa and mix well. Add egg and beat for 15 sec only. Add almond meal, salt for taste shredded coconut and mix well into a dough. Use only blanched and finely ground almond flour for better results. Remember, over the beating of batter will make cookies too dense. Avoid over drying and lumping.
- Roll the dough into 14 small balls. On a baking tray, spread the baking/parchment paper. Spray oil if necessary. Place the balls on it and flatten them. You can also use a cookie scoop instead, depending on the consistency of the batter. But ensure that the scooped batter is not too lose as it will spread too much and become too hard on baking.
- Bake till golden. Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20 minutes. Check after every 10 mins to ensure proper baking if necessary. Avoid opening oven too many times as it results in loss of heat.
- Cookies are ready to serve. Store remaining in airtight containers.
When adding almond flour, add little by little to ensure proper mixing.
You can use ghee or coconut oil instead of butter to get a different texture.