Low Carb Mexican Food
- Cauliflower florets 4 cups
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- 1 onion
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Tomato 4 medium size
- 1 chili pepper
- Chili flakes ½ tsp
- Cumin grounded ½ tsp
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Chicken stock or water 1 cup
- Cilantro ¼ cup
- Lime juice 1 tsp
- Black pepper and salt according to the taste
Spicy cauliflower rice is a low carbohydrate Mexican recipe loaded with veggies. It is a complete meal in itself. You can enjoy this in its original form itself or with salsa. You can have it in dinner or lunch. This recipe is super easy to prepare and delicious in taste.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Grade it using grader or you can also use a food processor to grade it nicely and give it the rice like consistency.
- Chop other onion, tomatoes and bell pepper in equal sizes. It will help in even cooking. Keep it aside. Also, mince the garlic cloves and keep it aside.
- Now take a skillet and put some olive oil in it. Heat olive oil and put onion, chili and minced garlic in oil. Saute it for five minutes until onion leaves all its moisture and become soft.
- Add cauliflower rice in the pan and saute it for another 5 minutes. After that add following ingredients in it, tomatoes, stock if you are using chicken stock, dried oregano, chili flakes and cumin in cauliflower.
- Cook everything for another 20 minute on medium flame. Cover the lid for faster cooking. Once cauliflower is nicely cooked, add garlic powder if you wish to. It is optional, if you like garlic flavor, this will boost the taste of cauliflower rice.
- Put it off from gas. Sprinkle fresh lime juice and cilantro on cauliflower rice. Add salt and pepper according to taste and serve it hot.
- Use all fresh veggies to get the best taste.
- Cook whole recipe on low to medium flame.