- Skinless and boneless chicken breast 400gm
- Fire-roasted plum tomato 200gm
- 1 medium-sized onion
- Garlic, minced 1 tbsp
- Red bell pepper 1
- Cumin powder, roasted 1 tsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Chipotle chili powder 1½ tsp
- Paprika one tsp use is optional
- Mexican seasoning 1 tsp use is optional
- Chicken stock 1 to 1½ cup
- Cream 1 cup
- Cream cheese ½ cup
- Cheddar cheese, 1 cup
- Salt according to taste
- Oil 1 tbsp use is optional
- Cilantro leaves fresh for garnishing
This slow cooker Mexican Low Carb Chicken Soup contains all Mexican flavors. This is a great soup that will give you all the comfort that you need in winter along with a nice aroma of fresh cheese, cilantro, which is purely Mexican.
- Take a pan and keep it on the stove. Put a small amount of oil in the pan. Once the oil heats up, put minced garlic in it. Saute garlic little and then put chopped onion in it. Fry the onion till it leaves all moisture and become brown.
- Take the slow cooker, pre-heat it. Put the skinless and boneless chicken breast in the cooker along with crushed tomatoes, garlic mix, and fried onion. Top it up with spices, salt, and chicken stock. Cover the cooker and allow everything to cook for two to three hours.
- Open the cooker and check if everything has been cooked perfectly. If done, take a fork and shred chicken breast. In the crockpot, put cut bell pepper, cream cheese, cream, and shredded cheese. Cook it again in high flame, 20 and 30 minutes. The soup is now ready to serve. Top it up with avocados, sour cheese, and cilantro.
- Caramelizing onion and garlic is an optional step. You can put it directly in the cooker.
- To enhance taste you can roast tomato on gas and then cut into pieces.