Instant Pot Beef Stew is unbelievably delicious. Beef chunks with vegetables is a perfect combo for a healthy meal.
- 2 pounds stewing beef trimmed and cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pepper
- One large onion diced
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- One teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Two sprigs thyme
- Three large carrots chopped
- 3-4 potatoes cubed
- Two stalks celery chopped, about 1 cup
- Three tablespoons cornstarch
- Three tablespoons water
- Toss beef with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE, add cooking oil and brown the meat on all sides. ( do not crowd the pot, work in 2 or 3 batches)
- Add broth, tomato paste, rosemary, wine, and vegetables (ensure ingredients do not go above fill line). Secure lid and select Meat/Stew; cook on high pressure 35 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, allow for a natural-release for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn to sauté bringing broth to a boil.
- Make a mixture by combining cornstarch and water in a small bowl or cup.
- Once the broth is simmering, stir in the cornstarch to reach desired consistency (you may not need all of it). Allow simmering 2-3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Once its thickened Pour the stew in a bowl to serve.