Mango Curry Recipe
- Mangoes 8-11 (small size and fully ripe)
- Oil for cooking 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
- Peppercorn ¼ tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds ¼ tbsp
- Dry red chillies (5)
- Mustard seeds ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves (3-4)
- Ginger 1 inches
- Onion, medium size (2)
- Jaggery 2 tbsp
- Tamarind juice 2 tbsp
- Water for cooking
- Salt according to the taste
If you love the sweet and savory flavor, then this is the recipe you must try. This recipe is for all mango lovers and mostly cooked in south India. This can be taken as the main course dish and it is best enjoyed with chapatis.
- The first step is to take out the juice of mango in a bowl. So, take all the mangoes, loosen it pulp by rolling it in between two palms with light force.
- Squeeze pulp from mango in a bowl and keep it aside. Keep a pan on the gas stove and dry roast all spices except those that are in powder form.
- You have to roast it till a nutty aroma starts coming from the spices. Take all the spices in the jar and add onion, ginger, garlic. Make a fine paste of all ingredients. If required add some water to make a smooth paste from it.
- In the same pan take two tbsp oil and add curry leaves. Once it starts spluttering, adds the prepared paste in it along with turmeric. Saute the paste for 5-10 minutes, till the mix is cooked completely and start leaving oil from the side.
- Now, add the mango juice with the kernel in the mix along with jaggery and salt. Simmer the stove and let the gravy get thick. The mango curry is now ready to serve. Serve it hot with rice or bread.
- While roasting all spices keep the flame low to avoid burning.
- Add salt and jaggery according to your taste.