Marvelous Mediterranean Quinoa salad with healthy topping for Lunch
- 1 thinly sliced, onion
- 1 cup, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tin, kidney beans
- 1/2 tin, chickpeas
- 1/4 cup, black olives
- 1 cup, chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup, bell peppers
- For Cooking Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2tbsp., extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp., freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/4 tsp., black pepper
- Salt to taste
Prepare Salad Dressing
- In a bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon, salt and black pepper.
- Salad dressing is ready.
- Soak quinoa in water and strain it.
- In a pan add 1 cup of quinoa along with 2 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil at medium high flame.
- Now cover the lid of the pan and cook it for about 15 minutes at a low heat or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and pour the dressing over it.
- Toss it with the spoon
- Now add cooked quinoa over it and mix them well.
- Healthy salad is ready to serve.
- Quinoa is little bit bitter in taste, to get rid of this bitterness soak it in water for about 5 minutes and then drain it.
- Wash it twice with water.