Mexican food has been going places; people all over the globe have been experimenting with this kind of food.
Soup is something we all enjoy every once in a while, if you love soups, then you must have tried innumerable ones which belong to different cuisines. Soups not only are comfort food, but they give that warm, fuzzy feeling of a winter night which is inexplicably comforting. A nice soup can also keep a number of health problems at bay, because it contains all the juices of fruits and vegetables which are very good for the body. The Following Recipe is really easy and simple to follow, and if you try and create your own rendition of it then give it your personal touch and enjoy.
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, which will be cut in cubes which are appropriately bite-sized
- ½ medium sized onions
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin seed
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- 4 cups of chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- Juice of half lime
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of cilantro leaves
- ½ avocado, sliced properly
- 1 corn tortilla cut in ¼ strips
- ½ cup of shredded jack cheese
- In a pot, bring to boil 6 cups of water and boil it on high heat. Next add the potatoes to it and let it simmer; cover it for 5 to 7 minutes. Pierce the potatoes with a knife and see whether they are cooked or not.
- Next, drain the potatoes when cooked and keep them aside.
- Now take a large stockpot and keep it on medium heat, once hot add 2 tablespoons of oil in it and then add onions to sauté it until it is nice and soft. Next add garlic, salt, cumin, pepper, and sauté the mixture really well.
- Now add chicken stock to mix and bring it to simmer and add the shredded chicken along with lime juices, tomatoes, cilantro and potatoes. Cover the mixture and turn off the heat.
- Now taking another small skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil and after it is warmed up, add the tortilla strips. Toss them around and let them crisp till they are nice and gold, sprinkle salt on it and keep aside.
- To serve the soup, add the soup to the bowls, and top them with the cilantro leaves, cubed avocado and tortilla chips and drizzle on top of it with some shredded cheese.
- Make sure to serve the soup piping hot, so that the flavors remain intact. If you are someone who enjoys a healthy bowl of soup, then you can cut down or remove the cheese completely. This will ensure a healthy and hearty meal.
Since soups are really easy to cook and prepare, they make for a great meal at the end of the day. Considering the fact that this particular soup has chicken as well, you will be able to enjoy the protein and it will be filled as well. For More Soup Recipes, Click Here.