- All-purpose flour ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened 2 tbsp
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Sugar, granulated 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Milk ¼ cup and 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Small chocolate chips or chocolate coated nuts 1 tbsp
The chocolate cupcake is a cake prepared in the cup. This cake is super soft and great in taste. Here, we are making the chocolate cake; you can prepare any cake following the same method. The best part about this cake is you don’t need numbers of tools to prepare it just like the normal cakes.
- Take a medium-size bowl. Add all dry ingredients in it. Mix all ingredients well with a whisk or spoon.
- Put milk and oil in dry mix. Whisk it so that all ingredients combine well and there remain no clumps in the batter. Take a microwave safe cup, while selecting cup make sure it has enough head space so that cake does not pour over during baking.
- Put Chocolate chip in the center of the cup. You are using chocolate coated nuts, do the same with this as well. No need to push chip, it will immerse automatically once, it will begin to cook.
- Place a paper towel on a microwave plate and keep the mug at the top. This will firmly hold the cup at its position during baking as well as to catch batter falling down from the cup.
- Microwave the cup for 70 seconds at high temperature. Remove cake from microwave and allow it to cool down for 5 to 10 minutes. The cupcake is now ready to serve.
- You can prepare different versions of cakes following the same method.
- If you are preparing this cake for the first time, keep checking the baking process.
- All microwaves are different and therefore, you adjust time according to the type of machine you are using.