Pork Gravy Recipe without Drippings
- ½ pound of pork, ground
- 30 gm butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 4 springs of thyme
- 1 and ½ cup of chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
This is a great dish for sharing with family and friends over a weekend or sleepover dinner. Easy to cook and ready in minutes, this is a nice way to enjoy with your guests. It does not take a whole lot of time to cook and is great for health.
- Start with a pan. Pour the butter and let it warm. Then, add the pork and allow it to cook till the greases start to show. Keep it aside now.
- Pour the leftover butter, and add onions, thyme, and garlic. Now cook for another 5 minutes till they turn nice golden brown. Add the flour now too for an even coating all over. Do not cook it for more than 20 seconds else, the flour will burn.
- Slowly stir the chicken broth into the mixture. Keep stirring. Add the pork that was left aside. Bring it to boil once. Then, reduce heat and continue cooking. It will simmer and then will appear nice and well coated throughout. This can be served with rice or freshly prepared bread too.
You could even make use of vegetable stock if you have. Both of them are good to taste.
Do not cook the pork for long. It is grounded, so will turn brown very soon, or get burnt if left for long.