Pork Gravy Recipe
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 large onion freshly chopped
- ½ cup of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of pan drippings liquid
- 1 tablespoon of flour
This is a great dish as the gravy can be served with freshly tossed and glazed veggies, some bread, and drink. You can pair it up with freshly cooked rice and go ahead too. This is made really quickly and you can eat it as comfort food. The ingredients are very less and easily found too.
- Start with a pan. Add the butter and let it melt. Stir the flour, garlic, and onions and begin stirring. This will create a nice mixture that is crisp and tender.
- Add the pan drippings and pork to it now. If you have any leftover broth or stock, add it too. Now, let it cook. Bring it to boil and mix them well. Use a whisk to blend them properly and thoroughly. You must avoid lumps.
- Add salt and pepper now. Allow the gravy to cook and boil for some more time. When it has thickened to your taste, reduce heat and remove it from the flame. Serve it as you desire.
- You can cook some rice if you like and spread it over it and serve hot. This is a quick meal by the way.
Add leftover chicken stock. You could even make use of vegetable stock if you have. Both of them are good to taste.
Do not cook without stirring. It can lead to the creation of lumps around and this will be difficult to break later.