Pressure Cooker Chili Recipe
- 1 pound of beef of ground
- 2 teaspoons of fresh oil made of olive
- 1 finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sugar, should be dark brown
- 1 small sized bell pepper of green color, it should be finely chopped
- 1 pepper of jalapeno, finely chopped and equally seeded
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of properly diced fresh tomatoes, it should be un-drained
- 3 tablespoons of paste made of tomato
- 2 (14.5) cans of kidney beans (dark red), rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons of powder of cocoa which is unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons of powder of chili
- 2 cups of drinking water
- ½ teaspoon of salt of kosher; as per taste
- 2 teaspoons of cumin (ground)
- 2 tablespoons of powder made of chili
- ½ teaspoon of flakes of red pepper (should be crushed)
In the entire world, nothing can match a steamy bowl (hot) having chili on a snowy day. What is the best part is that it can be made within just 35 minutes.
- Place the ground beef in the cooker over the flame of medium-high. Then cook it until it turns brown in color and is a bit crumbly, for around 10 minutes. Remove the beef (ground) and then discard the surplus fat.
- Return the cooker to medium flame. Pour olive oil, and add green pepper, jalapeno pepper, and onion. Cook it and then stir for at max 4 minutes, until the obtained onions become translucent.
- Add cloves, and stir and cook for around further 30 seconds. Return the flesh to the cooker, blend in the diced fresh tomatoes, paste of tomato, beans of kidney, powder of cocoa, flakes of red pepper, powder of chili, brown sugar, salt, cumin and at last water.
- Lock its lid and bring the cooker to pressure. Now reduce flame for maintaining pressure and cook for further 9 minutes. Then, remove cooker from the flame, and allow the pressure to get reduced by its own, between 5 to minutes. When all pressure is released, remove its lid, stir the chili and serve it.
- You can also use another type of oil in lieu of the oil of olive.
- You can substitute the jalapeno pepper with an ingredient which is similar in taste.
Make sure to reduce the flame of the cooker on proper times.