- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 frozen banana
- 2/3 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
This is an extremely creamy, sweet, delicious, velvety, and healthy drink. It can be called a protein drink as it contains protein yielding Greek yogurt and skims milk. It can be enjoyed on any occasions such as family gatherings or Thanksgiving as a warm-up drink. It can also be consumed as a breakfast drink on a summer morning as the thick pumpkin pie flavor soothes you and the thick shake provides refreshment.
- Choose a blender which is strong and capable enough so that the whole process is smooth and quick. Place all the ingredients in the blender in order. First, add in the frozen banana, then vanilla Greek yogurt, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, skim milk, the pure maple syrup, pumpkin puree and then the cup of ice.
- Blend all the ingredients on high initially. Continue this process for about three minutes; stop when the mixture attains a smooth texture. Consume the entire contents by scraping the sides of the blender. Pour the content into a jar, add in ice cubes to make it thicker, and add in milk if the content is too thick. Include some spices for taste. Serve cold.
Ordinary yogurt can be used in place of Greek yogurt and nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon or cloves in place of pumpkin pie spice.
Preserve frozen bananas stored for quickening the whole process.