Recipes Using Canned Potatoes
- 1 pound of 0.5 kg of canned potatoes/ 1 15 oz can of potatoes
- 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Fresh chives finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start with the potatoes. You take a few of them and wash them well. For canned potatoes, open the can and drain them well. This is important because the taste matters with the liquid all built up.
- Take a saucepan. In a medium-sized saucepan start with some butter. Put the flame to medium heat and then melt the butter a little. Don’t be in a hurry because the butter, if not melted, will not mix well later. We are going to add the powders to the list. All of them like onion, pepper, garlic and so on are added to the buttery pan. Stir it well when adding them. They must mix well. This gives the spicy nature to your potatoes.
- Coat the potatoes with the mix. Having the mixture ready. The potatoes are now put into the pan with the spices. Stir with a spatula and continue mixing them well. Do this till the potatoes mix well and turn nice golden brown and appear little-burnt marks on sides. This adds a little texture.
- Add the lemon. Now, take a pause and add water to the pan. This will instantly mix with the spices and the potatoes. Add the lemon juice to them too. Allow the liquid to come to boiling. Keep stirring frequently so that they do not become lumps or stick all at one place.
- Finally, add salt. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Mix again them well. Remove them from heat now. The potatoes are now tender obviously. Add some cheese by sprinkling them. Also, add chives to garnish.
- Serve this will the meals as a side dish. You can also use it as snacks with some bread or eggs. Some meat is also fine with them.
- Do not burn them, just look for nice red and brown marks appearing on the surface.