- 3 large sweet potatoes cut into small cubes or slices of 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil, whichever you prefer
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons of paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes. This is the first step here. You have to take the sweet potatoes and wash them properly. Peel them and cut them into small slices or cubes about the size of half an inch. It should be the size you prefer to have them. They can be small bite size or a bit bigger.
- Prepare the spices. Take the spices together in a bowl. You have pepper, chili, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and little brown sugar as well. Mix them well. This mixture will go straight into the sweet potatoes and that is what will give the spicy nature to the dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes. Now, take the bowl of potatoes and pour the olive oil into it. Coat it properly all around by mixing it with something like a spoon. Now, add the spice mix to it. Continue mixing it till all the chunks have a uniform coating of this mixture. This is an important step because if not done properly, some parts will taste really spicy while others completely dull.
- Bake the potatoes now. Keep the temperature at 425 degrees F. Prepare the baking dish, place the potatoes evenly in a single layer all across. Use a large baking sheet. Bake it for 15 minutes. Stir it and again bake it for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep checking so that they are nicely brown and golden rather than getting burnt. This could be possible even with a minute more.
- These make a tasty side dish with beef or chicken when served at a breakfast.
- You can also serve it during meals. You can sprinkle fine chopped green onions for garnish.