Recipes with Ground Beef and Potatoes Easy
- 1 lb of lean fresh ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of finely large sized diced potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of salt, as per taste
- Heat it. First of all heat around 2 tablespoons of oil of fresh vegetable in a large sized skillet. Now, add some finely diced potatoes (around ¼ inch cubes in shape). And cook it for a time duration of around 10 minutes. Or cook it until it is slightly brown in color. And mostly cook it through stirring on occasions. Make sure that the dish is not overcooked otherwise the dish will taste a bit bitter.
- Add the ground beef. Now, after stirring it properly, move on for further process. And thereafter, add the lean fresh ground beef to the diced potatoes & brown. Chopping it up properly into very small sized pieces and flipping and stirring it very often (for the duration of around 10 minutes). You don’t need to drain it. If the piece will be large in size then it may become troublesome for you to flip it and stir.
- Give the final touch. At last, once the ground beef or the meat is properly and completely cooked, you can turn off the flame. And thereafter, add around ½ teaspoon of pure salt. And then, stir it in carefully with a spatula. If you want you can add more salt as per your taste. The dish is ready. So, serve it with some salted and clean white rice and some fresh veggies. Try to serve it until it is warm as a warm dish definitely enhances the taste of the dish.
- If you are using fresh lean ground beef, then it is not necessary to drain it. But make sure that you have cooked the meat with the fresh diced potatoes as it can definitely make some difference in the overall flavor of the dish.
- A foil of aluminum can also be used in order to keep the moist of food, cook it properly/evenly and also make clean-up a bit easier.