Rotini Pasta Recipes
- About 2 to 3 strips of bacon
- About 4 to 5 cups of freshly cooked rotini
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tsb. Olive oil
- 1 tsb. Butter
- Mustard, 2 tsp.
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Finely chopped onion, 1 cup
- 1 tsb. of flour
- 1/2 spoon kosher salt
This is a great idea to combine a few things to form a one-course meal. With meat, ham, and bacon, as well as some cheddar or parmesan cheese, this is a nice meal for an entire family. Or, you can make some yourself and enjoy alone.
- Take a large skillet. Use a non-stick one if you can. First, cook the strips of bacon till they turn nice and crisp. Remove and keep it aside.
- Saute now. Add some butter and oil to the pan. Add onion and some sauce. Keep stirring it for like 5 minutes. Add some flour and stir some more. Finally, add the garlic and saute it for 30 seconds or so.
- Add milk now. Pour the cup of milk slowly while stirring the mixture constantly. With gently whisking it allow the mixture to boil. Keep stirring till it turns nice and thick. Once done, remove from heat and let it stand for like 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta. Gently add the pasta, peas and rest ingredients and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Prepare the rotini hot beforehand to reduce the time for cooking.