Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Tomato ketchup (2 cups)
- Vinegar cider (4 tablespoons)
- Molasses (4 tablespoons)
- Mustard sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Powder of onion (2 teaspoons)
- Powder of cumin (½ teaspoons)
- Powder of garlic (1 teaspoon)
- Sauce of Tabasco (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (2 teaspoons)
- Black grounded pepper (½ teaspoons)
- Sliced onion (1)
It is an ideal meal for a day where you want to spend in the countryside or a farmhouse. These sandwiches are best served with a glass of fresh juice and sauces that you like.
- Take a slow cooker. At the bottom end of the slow cooker, place the chicken breasts on this line. Also, add sliced onions to this bottom end line and cook till they are tender and soft.
- Now take a large sized bowl. Now use it to create the mixture of sauces and other ingredients so that at a later stage they can be poured on top of the chicken. Mix the mustard sauce, tomato ketchup, tabasco sauce.
- Add this mixture of sauces on top of the chicken. Now cook it for 6 to 8 hours on a low flame. Now when the chicken is too soft, take the help of two forks and use it to shred the chicken into shreds. Once the chicken has been shredded, put it aside. Heat the sandwich buns on a griller until they attain a very light shade of brown. Add cheese to these buns.
- Then, add the shredded chicken over the buns. You can add veggies like lettuce, tomato, cucumber over the meat mix to add more volume to your sandwich. Season the sandwich using salt and pepper. Place the top of the bun and your sandwich is ready to serve.
- You can also have harissa sauce, barbeque sauce, mint mayonnaise, southwest, hot and chili sauce to spice up your sandwich with.
- Oregano and chili flakes can also be used for seasoning.
- Add tabasco sauce only as per your preferred taste of spice.
- Do not preserve the sandwich for more than 2 hours.
- Ensure that the sandwich buns are fresh.