- Water 5 cups
- 10 spoons looseleaf black tea or 10 black tea bags
- Honey or sugar (according to the taste)
- Vanilla beans (1)
- Sticks of cinnamon (2)
- Ginger ½ inch. It should be peeled and cleaned properly and then cut into thin slices
- Cloves (10)
- Cardamom pods. The pod should be crushed and seeds should be taken out
- Star anise (2)
- Nutmeg ½ teaspoon well-grounded
This is a simple and very useful recipe. If you are a tea lover, then this is for you. With chai syrup you can play to create much great chai like ice chai, chai milkshake, etc. So, it is easy to prepare and it is full of flavors.
- Take a pan and keep it on the stove. Add 5 cups of water in the pan. Put all ingredients in the pan and allow it to boil for some time. Once it starts boiling, simmer the heat and then allow it to cook for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off the gas stove and strain the water using a strainer. This is the chai syrup. In another pan boil the milk or heat it.
- Take a small amount of chai syrup in a cup and pour the hot milk in the same cup. Pour the amount of milk in a cup according to how strong chai you want to have. Serve it hot.
- Take good quality loose tea leaves or tea bags to prepare the chai syrup, which is excellent in taste.
- You can remove or add ingredients in chai syrup according to your taste.
- Do not boil the syrup for a very long time.