Strawberry Smoothie Recipe without Yogurt
- 7 strawberries
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or low-fat milk)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Roasted and crushed almond pieces
- Hemp seeds
Rich with the sweetness of fresh strawberries, this smoothie is a great way to start your day. The nutrient-rich drink can replace your routine breakfast menu in a much healthier way. Alternatively, you can serve it as a dessert drink after lunch or dinner. This yogurt-free vegan preparation is absolutely delectable and easy to digest.
- Wash the strawberries in running water and cut off their stems. Dice them and add the pieces into a bowl.
- Cut the banana into small pieces. To get a thicker smoothie you can select a firm banana or freeze the pieces before blending. Add the diced banana pieces into the strawberry bowl.
- Add the non-dairy milk or low-fat milk to the mixture. For a more natural taste, use unsweetened milk. Sweetened milk may make your smoothie too sweet and also add up unwanted calories.
- Next, add peanut butter, ice cubes, and hemp seeds. Mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Transfer the ingredients into your blending jar and blend well. Use a high powered blender for preparing a smoother drink. Pour the smoothie into a big glass and garnish with almond pieces.
- You can replace non-dairy milk with dairy milk if you prefer to make a protein-rich drink. Dairy milk is recommended if you are making the smoothie for kids.
- You can add some cocoa nibs to the mixture before blending it and make the smoothie more delicious.
- You can replace hemp seeds with chia seeds or pumpkin seeds. All these ingredients are rich in protein and loaded with vitamins and rare minerals.