Thick Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- About 2 cups of frozen strawberries, use fresh if you can
- 1 fresh banana, medium size
- 1 cup of milk
- Ice cubes if you like
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
This is a great idea to make old fashioned strawberry and banana smoothies. There are a great variety of smoothies out there, but this is refreshing as ever. A lot of flavors change over the years, but these berries with banana stick up to the years.
- Keep the berries ready. If you like fresh items, you have to learn to pick the right berries. A night’s shopping can get you great smoothies the next day. Similarly, pick the bananas properly. Once you have them, wash them and slice them in halves.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. You have to pulse it till they have combined into a puree-like mixture. Now, you have to filter it.
- Use your small sieve to filter the smoothie. This is to remove any particles if left. It helps to make the end result more consistent. The smoothie can be really thick or thin, depending on how much milk you have added. You can serve it by mixing with ice cubes too, inside the blender, or separately.
It is good for your health when made fresh and had often. Adding sugar instead of syrup is also fine.