- Very cold heavy cream 2 Cups
- Cocoa powder 3 tbsp – divided + dusting the top
- Sugar confectioner 7 tbsp
- 16 ounces mascarpone it should be soft slight
- Semi-sweet chocolate 5 ounces, melted
- Baileys 5 tbsp, divided
- Vanilla extract 1 tbsp
- 1 cup cool whip, defrost it, if it is frozen
- Brewed coffee 1 ¼ cup strong room temperature
- Granulated sugar 1 tbsp
- Ladyfinger cookie 7 ounces or savoiardi nearly 24 cookies
- Bittersweet chocolate 4 ounces grated
This trifle has a perfect balance of chocolate mousse with traditional tiramisu. This cake is egg-free and suitable for entertaining, this recipe includes both options you can make it with boozy Bailey’s Tiramisu or you can also make it an alcohol-free version of this cake.
- For Preparing Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Take a mixing bowl, preferably metal. Add the following ingredients in the bowl, heavy cream, cocoa powder 2 tbsp and confectioner’s sugar ¼ cups.
- Mix all ingredients 4 minutes. The ingredients have to be mixed until a medium-stiff peaks form forms. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- For Preparing Mascarpone Filling
- In a different bowl, fold mascarpone gently with melted chocolate. Add remaining 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar in it.
- Add other ingredients in the bowl. Baileys 1 tablespoon or coffee if you are making a non-alcoholic trifle, add vanilla extract and combine the mix perfectly. Fold it in the cool whip gently and keep it aside.
- For Preparing the Ladyfingers
- Take a shallow bowl. Add coffee, granulated sugar, remaining cocoa powder and Baileys ¼ cup in mix everything and keep it aside.
- Prepare the Trifle
- Take the ladyfingers cookie and tip one-third portion of it from both sides. Soak the biscuit in the coffee mix for some time, and then arrange biscuits in a single layer it will be at the bottom of trifle.
- Put the cookie in the glass bowl and break the cookie in glass to fit in it. Now, put a third portion of the mascarpone mixture in the glass. Spread it gently to smooth. On the top, sprinkle a third portion of shaved chocolate.
- Top the trifle with the third portion of chocolate whipped cream. Spread the cream to create a smooth layer. Make the layer for two more times.
- Now it is Ready to Serve
- Keep the prepared trifle in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Refrigerate it for 2 hours maximum. This will soften the ladyfinger cookie. In the end, dust a small amount of cocoa powder.
- While mixing whisking mascarpone, be careful over whisking would curdle it.
- Dip cookies while you are preparing the triple, not in advance.