Tofu Meal Prep
- Tofu, extra firm 1-14 Oz
- Medium size floret of broccoli
- 1 Bell pepper red
- Red onion (1 cup)
For Preparing Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce or tamari (¼ cup)
- Honey or maple syrup 3 tbsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves 2 minced
- Ginger ½ inch minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
This teriyaki tofu meal is a short and delicious recipe. It is loaded with veggies and hence packed with nutrition. It is super healthy and a flavorful meal. The best part about this recipe is that it can be prepared in a short duration.
- Take fresh tofu. Then press it hard to remove the excess water present in it. Cut tofu into cubes of 1-inch size. Take a jar or a small bowl and mix following ingredients in it tamari, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, water, and cornstarch. After adding all these ingredients mix everything nicely.
- Turn on the oven and preheat it for 375 degrees. In the baking tray, line 2 baking sheets along with foil. On one backing sheet put broccoli, red onion and bell pepper. We are going to remove broccoli first from the oven to keep it at one side. Take tofu and place it on a second baking sheet.
- After that, put 3/4 amount of teriyaki sauce all over the veggies. Spread the leftover sauce over the tofu. At first place tofu in the oven and put veggies after 10 minutes of cooking tofu. Bake everything for 10 minutes and then remove broccoli so that it does not lose its crunch.
- Stir tofu in between for even cooking. Bake everything together for 10 minutes after removing broccoli. Remove it from oven and allow it cool. Serve it with a grain of choice.
- You swap veggies with veggies of your choice.
- You can put some toppings on it for extra taste.