- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, minced properly
- 1 box of penne pasta (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can of tomato puree (about 30 ounces)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (about 30 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons of red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 cup of freshly shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
This is a great dish to be enjoyed as snacks in the evening or during breakfast. You can have it as a complete meal too, if you like. Good for enjoying with family and friends. The ingredients are easily available at any grocery store and the cooking is easy under half an hour time.
- Start with a big pan. Take a hot pan about of 6 quarts and saute the garlic first. Add tomatoes and the puree and bring it to boil.
- Prepare the pasta. Take a large Dutch oven and prepare the pasta as per the cooking instructions on its package. Drain it slightly. Sprinkle the cheese now over it.
- Stir the last items. Stir basil, tomato mix over the pasta. Toss it properly for even coating. Cook it for some more time till it turns tender. Garnish it, if you like, with some uncooked pasta on the top.
Add the ingredients to the tomato mix slowly at reduced heat and bring it to boil. It can take around 20 minutes for it to cook.
Prepare the pasta as per the cooking instructions on the pasta package box. If you cook it on your own, follow a separate guide on how to make penne pasta.