Turmeric Recipes Vegan
- Coconut milk – 1 can
- Turmeric – 3/4 To 1 tbsp
- Ground ginger – 1/4 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon or cardamom or other spices – 1/4 tbsp
- Black pepper – a dash of it
- Orange preserves 1 tbsp
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp or more to taste
- Chia seeds – 1/4 cup
Pudding is always a yes, but it is bigger yes, when healthy. The chia seeds vegan golden pudding is filled with the goodness of turmeric and chia seeds, which is a double-win for both the taste buds and the body. A wholesome breakfast indeed!
- In a container heat 1 cup of milk of coconut. To this add turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, all while keeping the flame on medium. Do not boil, just take it until it is boiling and thereafter switch off the warmth. Take the container off the warmth and allow it to cool slightly.
- Then to these ingredients. Add the leftover preserves of orange, coconut milk, syrup of maple and seeds of chia. Now mix all of them together rigorously. Adjust the flavor as per your wish, adding more maple syrup or orange preserves. Let this mixture cool down for some 11-15 minutes, and you will start to notice that the chia seeds have swollen in size.
- Stir the mixture vigorously, so evenly distribute the chia seeds all over. The delicacy is ready to be served, however, is it recommended that you distribute the same in small batches and refrigerate it, so as to have a well-mixed and thicker pudding.
- In place of milk coconut, 1 1/3 cup milk (non-dairy) like soy or almond based on your choice can also be used.
- If you don’t have orange preserves by your hands you can also use in its place a zest of half a small orange.
Do not grind the chia seeds before putting them into the mix, otherwise, the pudding texture would be lost and it would be harder to distribute them evenly. Moreover, the sight of the pudding will also be less- pleasing.