- 4 to 6 whole grain tortillas, 8 inches long
- 1 pack of hashbrown potatoes, can make at home too
- 6 large eggs
- 1 can of beans
- 1 large avocado sliced into small cubes
- Chopped cilantro, ½ cup
- Chopped onion, ½ cup
- Shredded cheese, 2 cups
- Hot sauces, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salsa, your favorite
- Butter, 1 to 2 tablespoon
This is a great breakfast that can be made for a whole crowd in very less time. They are total time savers and hunger saviors too. This Mexican dish is fresh and flexible and depends on what you add in the salsa inside.
- Start with a large bowl. Crack and beat the eggs properly. Whish them till pale yellow and stir the seasoning and salt to it.
- Take a skillet. Put some butter and pour this egg mixture. Cook it for like 1 minute, 2 for hard cooked. Stir the cilantro, onion too.
- Warm the tortillas. Quickly run the tortillas in running water, a fraction of a second. Warm in the oven till crisp. Pour the cooked egg mixture, hash browns, beans and sauces in the tortillas. Add your favorite salsa.
- Keep hashbrowns separate. You can keep the hashbrowns separate too and serve them with the burritos. Add cheddar cheese inside the tortillas with the rest of the salsa and other ingredients above.
Add meat, beef, chicken or ham for making it a non-veg and protein packed breakfast. You can wrap it and freeze it too for later.