Vietnamese Salmon Recipe
For the Purpose of Salmon
- 2 cloves of properly minced garlic
- 1 small sized shallot, should be properly minced
- Juice squeezed out of 2 fresh limes
- Some kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of sauce of fish
- 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 sides of wild salmon, proper skin on (1 ¾ to 2 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons of oil of grape seed, some additional for the purpose for brushing
- 1 tablespoon of light sugar (brown), should be packed
For the Purpose of Making Dressing of Carrot-Sesame
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 3 tablespoons of sauce of fish
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (rice)
- 1 tablespoon of oil of sesame (toasted)
- Kosher salt
- 3 properly chopped scallions
- Juice squeezed out of 1 fresh lime
- 2 teaspoons of light brown sugar (properly packed)
- 1 fresh carrot, should be julienned
- Prepare salmon; first of all prepare the salmon properly. For preparing it, which the oil of grape seed, grated ginger, minced garlic, minced shallot, juice of fresh lime, sauce of fish, packed brown sugar, lemongrass, a pinch of kosher salt (or as per taste) and ½ cup of fresh & pure water in a medium-sized bowl. After this, place the salmon on a properly rimmed sheet of baking and thereafter pour all the marinade on its top. After pouring the marinade, turn the salmon properly so that the marinade coats both of its sides. Now, cover it and refrigerate for a time duration of around 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing meanwhile, make the dressing of carrot sesame. For that, whisk the sauce of fish, sriracha, rice vinegar, oil of sesame, and juice of fresh lime, brown sugar and a good pinch of kosher salt in a medium-sized bowl until the sugar is properly dissolved. Now, add the fresh carrot, chopped scallions and ¼ cup of water; then stir it in order to combine. And then, set it aside.
- Preheat a grill now; preheat a grill to medium-high flame. Thereafter, remove the salmon carefully from the obtained marinade, wiping off all the excess. After this, brush the skin side of your salmon finely with the oil of grape seed. Then place it on the grill with skin side downwards. Now, cover it and cook it until the skin becomes crisp and the salmon is almost cooked through i.e. for a time duration of around 5 minutes. Make sure to not to flip the fish. At last, transfer the whole salmon to a small platter and then spoon the dressing of carrot sesame on the top. Your dish is ready, so serve it warm and chill.
- You can substitute the kosher salt with any of the different types of salt, and you can add it as per your taste.
- The remaining dish can be preserved easily by keeping it in a refrigerator for around 3 to 4 days.