- Grounded graham crackers (2 cups)
- Melted butter that is unsalted (½ cup)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Juice of watermelon that is strained and divided ( 4½ cups)
- Gelatin with no flavor (1 packet)
- Sugar (¼ cup)
- Lime that is zested and juiced (½)
This dish serves to be a great dessert for Christmas Eve of Thanksgiving dinner. More of a winter season dessert.
- First, we need to make the crust of graham cracker. For this, you need to heat the oven beforehand to 350° F.
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix the crumbs of graham cracker, butter, and salt. Blend these well. Then, evenly compress this mixture on the lower and upper end of a pie dish measuring 9 inches. Bake this mold for about 10 minutes until it sets. Then, keep it aside and let it cool off fully.
- Now, we will have to focus on the cream filling made of watermelon. Now, take a medium sized bowl and add the juice of watermelon to it that is strained. The juice should measure up to ½ cup and drizzle non-flavored gelatin and let this mixture dissolve completely. Let it alone for 2 to 4 minutes till it rises.
- Catch hold of a saucepan that is medium sized and warm it after adding 4 cups of the juice of watermelon to it. Add sugar and heat the juice on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves into this juice and the quantity of the liquid in the saucepan has decreased to half at least.
- Now, take the gelatin-juice that was made in step 3 and add it to this combination of juice and sugar. Whisk them and add zest and juice of a lime and whisk the whole combination again for it to mix well.
- Take a stand mixer that also has a whisker and place it in a large sized bowl. Now, add a heavy density of cream and whisk it until it is soft. Add this cream that is whipped to the graham crust and evenly spread it on the top. Shelter this and refrigerate for 4 hours minimum and preferably overnight till it is set.
- Once set, you will be ready with a tasty watermelon pie.
- You can top the pie with the fruits of your choice.
- You can also choose to have vanilla cream instead of making a watermelon cream filling.
- Do not whisk the cream more than needed as you would not want it to be very thin.
- Do not preserve the pie outside of the refrigerator.