West Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup Jamaican curry powder
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
The tasty West Indian curry chicken is a must eat dish in your next lunch gathering with your loved one. The taste of West Indian curry chicken will blend very well with your taste buds that it will make the connection with your loved one even more. So let’s see how to make the same.
- Take a large pot and one tablespoon of oil to eat, and then heat the same. Add chicken, onions, and garlic to the same. Cook until the onion turns golden brown and chicken becomes brown. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Now add potatoes, salt for taste and curry powder. After this pour enough water so that the chicken is covered halfway.
- Cover the bowl properly and keep the flame as a medium. Let the ingredients cook until it’s tender. This may take at least thirty to forty minutes.
- Now season it for better taste with hot pepper sauce. Divide the dish into eight equal servings. The yummy and juicy West Indian Curry chicken is ready to eat.
- It tastes delicious if eaten with rice or roti(Indian bread).
- Tastes better when eaten hot.
Ensure that you wash the chicken properly before you start cooking the same.