White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 jar or 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint candy
- 1/2 cup of properly crushed peppermint candy
- 12 chopped squares of white baking soda and each square should weigh 1 ounce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus ¼ cup butter softened
- Pick up a square shaped pan. Take a 9-inch square pan along with a foil. Make the pan smooth enough by greasing it with 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh and pure butter and thereafter place it aside. Now take a heavy weighted large sized saucepan and mix sour cream, sugar and the remaining butter in the saucepan. It should be boiled rapidly, and then for 5 mins cook and stir it till the candy thermometer reads 234 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove it from the flame. Now move on for further process once the desired temperature is reached. After cooking it for a time duration of around 5 minutes, remove it from the flame and thereafter stir in the cream of marshmallow and the white chocolate until they are properly melted. Now, fold it in the extract and the peppermint candy. And at last, put it into the prepared pan and wait until it becomes firm enough. Finally, your delicious dish is ready, so serve it until it is warm and chill. Try to serve the dish at room temperature.
- Before using each time first test the candy thermometer by bringing the fresh water to a boil, the thermometer should show 212 degrees. Based on the test the temperature of the can be adjusted up and down.
- For some spicy twist, exchange the finely crushed cinnamon candies by the peppermints and extract of cinnamon for the peppermints.
- For the easy crushing of peppermints, unwrap the candies, and then place them into a plastic bag, strike it with a rolling pin or measuring cup.
- You can preserve the leftovers of this delicious dish by keeping it in the refrigerator. And it can be kept up to around 14 days.