- 2 teaspoons of an extract of pure vanilla
- 3 cups of pure milk (it should be low in fat, skim, whole, etc.)
- 10 ounces of white chocolate of good quality, it should be properly chopped
- Some optional toppings are finely toasted marshmallows (it should be mini), properly whipped fresh cream
- Some optional add-ins are the extract of fresh peppermint and alcohol
- Pick a saucepan. First of all, pick a medium-sized working saucepan. After picking it, combine all the ingredients such as white chocolate, 2 teaspoons of an extract of pure vanilla and 3 cups of pure milk. Make sure that all of these ingredients are properly combined in the saucepan. Otherwise, the taste of the dish will not be that much good.
- Stir over medium flame. Once all the above-mentioned ingredients are properly combined then move on for further processing. Now, stir it over medium flame. And stir it until the chocolate is properly melted and the blend is just simmering i.e. for a time duration of about 4 to 5 minutes. Thereafter, remove it from the flame and stir it in any of the optional add-ins, only if you are using any. Otherwise, there is no scope of stirring in it.
- Give the final touch. Now, it is time to give the final touch to your dish. So now, pour it into mugs of any size and thereafter top it with the properly whipped fresh cream or finely toasted mini marshmallows, if you want. Finally, the delicious white hot chocolate is ready to serve. So serve it immediately without wasting any time. Try to serve the delicious dish warm and chill at the room temperature.
- The extract of peppermint is usually very strong in taste, so first time go light. So firstly start with just ¼ teaspoon and thereafter add more if required, but only 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon at one time. However, you can increase the quantity of the alcohol i.e. about 2 tablespoons.
- You can add liqueurs such as Grand Marnier, Baileys, Kahlua or Rumchata. In fact, you can also add a splash of properly spiced rum.
- The leftovers of the dish can be preserved by keeping it in a refrigerator. It can be preserved for around 15 days. But make sure to keep it properly otherwise the chocolate may melt.