Whole Salmon Fillet Recipes
- 1 salmon fillet (1, 1 ½ to 2 pounds)
- Minced chervil, fresh parsley or dill (4 tablespoons)
- Lemon Wedges
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Butter (4 tablespoons)
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Take a pan and put butter and herbs (half) in this pan. It is recommended to take a roasting pan. Make sure the pan is large enough to for the salmon to fit into. Place the pan in the oven and heat the salmon for 5 minutes till the herbs start to crackle and the butter softens.
- Skin side up the salmon. Take out the salmon out of the oven after 4 minutes of roasting. Once the salmon is taken off, you can peel off its skin. In case the skin does not come off easily, cook the salmon for another 2 minutes. Use salt and pepper and sprinkle it over the salmon fillet and turn it over. Once again season it with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon for another 3 to 5 minutes. You can roast the salmon as much as you want to as it has to satisfy the level of thickness you prefer in the salmon fillet. You can cook it in the way of the doneness you prefer. The salmon fillet can then be cut into serving portions.
- Season the salmon fillet by dusting each salmon fillet with butter and garnish the same with herbs of your choice (minced chervil, parsley or dill). You can also add red pepper flakes to the butter and then spoon the salmon fillet with butter if you wish to add a certain level of spice to your dish. You can add lemon slices to the grill to enhance your dish.
- You can make sure your butter turns almost brown while cooking the salmon fillet as it helps to avoid any “fish smell”.
- You can leave the salmon’s skin on as it will add to the crisp of the salmon fillet.
- Don’t be afraid to play with the oil, fat and herb combinations of the dish. Salmon usually requires less seasoning but as per your preference, you can customize your dish with any amount of seasoning you want.
- You can also use vinegar glaze to add to the tang of the dish.