- Plain yogurt (4 cups)
- Fresh leaves of mint (Neatly chopped)
- Water (2 cups- 100 ml each)
- Ice cubes (15-20)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (¼ teaspoon)
- English cucumber (1piece)
- Persian cucumbers (2 pieces)
This is an Afghani drink prepared to do away with clenching thirst of the throat, it’s a refreshing drink with a tinge of salt and tart of pepper, which makes it completely different from Indian Lassi, serve it as a feast and this would best complement the food at your feast and would make you want more.
- Refrigerate the yogurt for 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator. Now take all your Ingredients which are fresh mint leaves, water in a bowl and salt, pepper and the English as well as Persian cucumbers.
- Chop the mint leaves nicely and add salt, fine powder of pepper to it. Now take a mortar and crush the leaves and spices and make a fine paste out of it. Chop the English and Persian cucumbers and blend them in a blender until they make a smooth paste. Take out the yogurt from the refrigerator and blend it along with the paste of cucumber and mint leaves and grind them until all the ingredients mix nicely.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add two cups of water to it and blend to a smooth drink. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on the drink and pour it into a glass and your drink is ready.
- You can add a little more spice to add more flavors to your drink.
- Garnish your drink with mint leaves on the top and cucumber slices at the edge of the glass.
- Keep in mind that mint leaves and yogurt are fresh; otherwise, the taste will be ruined.
- The drink should be served within 1 day.