- 3 of orange juice or more as required
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 pounds of timed skirt steaks
- 16 white corn tortillas or as required
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 chopped white onion
- Take a large freezer bag, combine orange juice, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, cumin, salt, garlic, and cayenne. Dip in the skirt steak into the marinade that you have made. Now, seal the bag. Make sure that you squeeze out as much of air as you can. Refrigerator this bag for 1-8 hours. The longer the better.
- Preheat the grilling rack to medium-high. Take the steaks and grill it till it is hot and firm in the center for about 8 minutes on each side. You can also grill it to the doneness you want. Transfer the steak to flat surface and slice it up as thinly as you can. Make sure that the slices are against the grain.
- Take the corn tortillas and heat them up in the microwave oven. Thereafter, keep the tortillas in folded aluminum sheet foil. Cover it up with a thick towel. Allow it to rest. Take the tortillas, now put in the prepared steak. Top this up with fresh cilantro and onion. Make sure that you put steak and the cilantro mix evenly.
- If you want you can also add chile salsa to the tortillas. For this toast, chile pods in skillet for some more minutes then put them in a bowl of water. Allow it to soak for 30-40 minutes. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Put onions, garlic, tomatoes, and jalapenos onto a baking sheet. Roast it till it has toasted or for 20 minutes. Put the chile pods and the veggies into the blender. Add salt and pepper. Blend it till it forms a smooth puree.
- You can use flank steak rather than using skirt steak. If you are health conscious and want to make it low fat while still indulging yourself in the deliciousness, you can boil the steak instead of grilling it. However, this will alter the taste to some extent.
- If you want, you can also heat the tortillas in a skillet or a microwave oven. For heating them in the microwave oven, take wet paper towels and place it in between them. Thereafter, microwave it for a minute. Take it out from the microwave oven and check if it has become fragrant and pliable. You will need to wet your paper towels in between batches.
- You can marinade the steak and keep in the freezer overnight. However, defrost it before grilling.